Ontario Abandoned Places


20 Years of Exploring Canada's Abandoned Buildings Before They're Gone

Home

Forum

Search

User Search



Johnson Pres. Pioneer Cemetery

Located in: Meaford
Location #5517
Public

To request this location be removed, submit a Report Location form.
Johnson Pres. Pioneer Cemetery Location Owner: mobileworks
Created: 9/24/2012
Last Updated: 6/21/2015



Description
This pioneer cemetery is just south of Balaclava ON. The community of Johnson [ aka Johnstone ] had its first presbyterian church here in 1855 with the land donated by William Johnstone. John Johnstone , Will`s son, donated 4 grand of the $7000 it cost to build a new brick church in 1920. This church was demolished in 1969 after only 49 years. A pioneer house still sits across the road that has seen it all and then some over the years.




Abandoned houses may be dangerous! Read the LEGAL DISCLAIMER and always ask permission.


Status:
Status: Closed
Category: Cemetery


Options:
View map
Geocaches
Who's Viewed

HAZARDS
None listed
We do not assume any responsibility for the accuracy of this information or for liability should you injure yourself.


Basic Member Full Member 1 Full Member 2
GPS:
Address: 430341 Lakeshore Rd.
Province: Ontario




2015-06 -21
Johnson Pres. Pioneer Cemetery
Created on:6/21/2015
Created by: Kyle Fraser
6 photos
Thanks to the Johnstones
Johnson Pres. Pioneer Cemetery
Created on:9/24/2012
Created by: mobileworks
11 photos