On Pickering's 8th concession, just south of the Oak Ridges Moraine, a community developed in the area of the 6th sideline in the mid 1800s. In 1852, a group of people purchased an 82 by 78 fot lot on the southeast corner of lot 6 with the intent of building a church. Originally know as Jackson, a frame school was built here in 1852, as well as a church in 1856.
The school has since closed and is now used as a community centre. The small church still holds service every Sunday, but the community now only consists of a handful of large farms sprawled along the vast, rolling hill.