Motleykiwi Creation Date: 7/21/2014
Last Updated: 7/21/2014
Peter Archdekin built this house in the 1860's. He was a relative of James (Jim) Archdekin, one of Brampton's most important Mayors from 1969 until his death in 1982. The Archdekin's came over from Ireland in the 1820's. They were among the first to settle in the area and established the Hamlet of Mayfield Village. It was originally located at the corner of Mayfield Rd and Dixie Rd. The village with a population of 50 became the center of the farming community. There was a general store, a school, a post office, a hotel and a blacksmith at the time. This Archdekin farmhouse is all that remains today from the original village. The restored home was officially unveiled here on May 3rd, 2014. Unfortunately there is no access inside. Nice to see this little bit of history on display.
Abandoned houses may be dangerous! Read the LEGAL DISCLAIMER.
Always obtain permission before entering someone else's property.
We do not assume any responsibility for the accuracy of this information or for liability should you injure yourself.
WHAT'S NEW (7 Days)
Addresses are not displayed to non-members.
Full Members can edit entries after they've requested the GPS coordinates. This is because addresses are shown in the editor.
July 2014 Created on:7/21/2014 Created by: Motleykiwi 9 photos
All code & content is (C) 2017 by OntarioAbandonedPlaces.com and respective authors. Photos may not be republished without permission.
Disclaimer: Always ask permission before setting foot on private property