ground state Creation Date: 3/8/2014
Last Updated: 8/3/2015
The Highland Inn (1908 - 1957) was the famous resort hotel built and operated by the Grand Trunk Railway in Algonquin Provincial Park. With trains running practically to its front door, and easy connections from Toronto and Ottawa, the Highland Inn is credited with introducing much of the rich upper class to the beauty of Ontario's northern wilderness.
In 1954, a new policy for Algonquin Park was announced that was designed to return the park to its original condition. As part of that policy, the Highland Inn was purchased by the Ontario Government in 1956. In the following year, it was dismantled and burned.
Abandoned houses may be dangerous! Read the LEGAL DISCLAIMER.
Always obtain permission before entering someone else's property.
Login to upload photos
We do not assume any responsibility for the accuracy of this information or for liability should you injure yourself.
WHAT'S NEW (7 Days)
Addresses are not displayed to non-members.
Full Members can edit entries after they've requested the GPS coordinates. This is because addresses are shown in the editor.
Highland Inn Ruins Created on:8/3/2015 Created by: elkiman 11 photos
Algonquin History Created on:11/9/2014 Created by: timo explorer 14 photos
All code & content is (C) 2017 by OntarioAbandonedPlaces.com and respective authors. Photos may not be republished without permission.
Disclaimer: Always ask permission before setting foot on private property