Latlng: (43.659784, -79.418557)

Other Locations near

Harbord Street Burried Bridge

Toronto, Ontario

Location Owner jointherapture
Creation Date Apr 22 2011
Status Repurposed
Category Bridge/Locks
Location Toronto, Ontario
Site number #2625

Garrison Creek vanished from the face of Toronto in the 1880(a)s. The creek had originally been home to many species of fish including rock bass, large mouth bass, pumpkinseed, brown bullhead, white suckers, bow fin, and northern pike. By the 1880(a)s it was so polluted that it was burried in a brick sewer. The bridge at Harbord street was a single span concrete arch bridge which opened in 1914. It is 23 feet high, 54 feet wide and 35.5 feet long. Between 1917 and 1930 the area around the bridge was filled in. Only the northern balustrade remains visible today. The entire bridge, the valley and Garrison Creek have vanished underground. There is a second burried bridge on Garrison Creek at Crawford Street.

Latlng: (43.659784, -79.418557)


Create new album


Please log in to leave a comment

No comments yet