Latlng: (45.270386, -79.661520)

Other Locations near
Nipissing Colonization Road

Ashdown Corners (ghost town)

Nipissing Colonization Road, Ontario

Location Owner clay70
Creation Date Sep 13 2009
Status Unknown
Category Ghost Town
Location Nipissing Colonization Road, Ontario
Site number #845

The Nipissing Colonization Rd. started at the Parry Sound Colonization Rd. and headed north. At this junction sprang the village of Ashdown, 1 mile west of Rosseau. By 1880 there was a school, a church, Orange Hall, a store, a hotel run by the Ashdowns, a blacksmith, a wagon maker, a sawmill and a door factory. 2 railways came in well east and well north causing Ashdown to go bust. Rosseau became the hub of the area when its post office and location outdid Ashdown(a)s. Only a cemetery, a house, which may have been the school, and a derelict wood cabin remain. The old church was removed years ago to nearby Hekkla.. To see the old map of all the colonization roads check the photo below.

Latlng: (45.270386, -79.661520)

Albums

Create new album

Comments

Please log in to leave a comment

avatar of toxic_lens
toxic_lens Just visited this site on Aug 5, 2014 and this is all that remains.
Aug 07 2014