10 years ago
Latlng: (43.881261, -79.261584)
|Date||Jun 30 2010|
|Liked by||0 User(s)|
David Nighswander of Mongolia. Photos courtesy Markham Historical Society.
Mongolia's store and post office run by R. Curtis. Established 1854, it burned down in 1920.
Armadale's store circa 1910, owned by John Beare.
Almira's store and post office circa 1900.
The Mongolia store and post office existed on the left, which now appears to be trees. The tavern was across the road.
The school built 1882 is now a home. Why do the schools always last and everything else dies?
The Mongolia tavern existed right here.
This may be Calvert's Blacksmith shop--now a barn for horses.
Old Cashel barn.
Looking west into Almira.
The Old Almira Mill.
Old Markham Township school west of Almira.