Latlng: (44.227827, -79.592063)

Other Locations near
Innisfil
See all locations

St. Clements Pioneer Cemetery

Innisfil, Ontario

Location Owner oleboy
Creation Date Aug 29 2010
Status Closed
Category House Or Farm
Location Innisfil, Ontario
Site number #1916

St. Clements Cemetery which was also known as Cherry Creek Cemetery or the Second Line Cemetery is possibly the oldest known burial location in Innisfil township. It is located on land that was donated in 1837 by Lewis J. Clement Lewis J. Clement, was a "Dutch Canadian," who arrived from Niagara, in June, 1829, with his wife, one child, a hired man, and a yoke of oxen. He built a temporary brush tent, which they called "home," for a brief period, until they could build their proper house. Clement(a)s house, built for them by a carpenter, James Soules, was the first frame house in Innisfil, and is still standing. In later years. Mr. Clement became a magistrate. He died April 9th, 1873, in his 74th year. Location: 2141 (aprox) 2nd Line, Innisfil, east of Yonge Street

Latlng: (44.227827, -79.592063)

Albums

Create new album

Comments

Please log in to leave a comment

No comments yet