Latlng: (44.014, -78.8603)

Other Locations nearby
Clarington

Kilmarnock

Discovered by spydrgyrl
Created Feb 28 2011
Recent status Abandoned
Category Ghost Town
City Clarington, Ontario
Location # 2448

In the mid 1800s, there existed on the Durham/Ontario Counties border a village by the name of Kilmarnock. A postal hamlet, Kilmarnock is indicated on the 1860 Tremaine map, as well as the 1878 Canadian County Atlas map. The postmaster at the time was M. West who resided on concession 9, lot 35. The postmaster(a)s house has since been torn down and replaced by a more modern one, but the other village houses still remain.

Latlng: (44.014, -78.8603)

Comments

Please log in to leave a comment

avatar of clay70
clay70 so close to Enfield, which also had a PO..wonder why they needed 2 POs so close
Nov 08 2013