For our official Facebook page click here. We are not affiliated with any other pages. We do not condone any trespassing. Always ask for permission.

Latlng: (44.04281, -77.73203)

Other Locations nearby
Brighton

Brighton Public School

Report

Discovered by itsme
Created Apr 17 2012
Recent status Demolished
Category Educational
City Brighton, Ontario
Location # 4525
Liked by 0 User(s)

From Brighton 1900-1960 by Bonnie Browne: "Brighton Public/High School was built in 1915 for $52,634. The 12-acre site was purchased from the Singleton family and Sam Nesbitt donated $10,000 towards the cost of the new facility. When the school opened in 1915, there were 10 classrooms, an auditorium, science room, library and spacious halls. The building had electric lights, telephone, modern heating, ventilation and a sanitary system. There was a boys' and girls' entrance and a boys' and girls' playground." The west wing of the school was added in 1964 and the remaining east wing was added in 1971. The 1915 and 1964 sections of the school were demolished in March 2012 as a new school was built. They did save the plaques from the old school and the one saying "Public School" is now on the new school.

Latlng: (44.04281, -77.73203)

Comments

Please log in to leave a comment

No comments yet