Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why on earth...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
clay70 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote clay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why on earth...
    Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 4:06pm
do members post a location and then leave and come back days later to post photos or not post them at all? I will never understand this...just post a location and add the photos.. many sit empty after 72 hours and I have deleted sooooooo many...just venting :)
codi_7 View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote codi_7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 4:26pm
i've been guilty of that created a location and mid uploading pics my computer craps out. but 72 hours is a little extensive
clay70 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote clay70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 10:39pm
ah ok maybe its the "computer crapping out" that is the root of the issue...but yes about 75% sit for 72 hrs it seems..
ground state View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ground state Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 11:22pm

Sadly I think that one of the offshoot results of doing this is that great galleries often get missed. On a number of occasions lately, I've stumbled onto galleries (often through clicking on user comments) that are totally great and thought to myself, "How the heck did I miss this gallery when it was posted originally?" Then I realize that the creator was one of those ones who make a location and do not post photos for a day or two later. I do not think to 'check back' once the location rolls down the list.

OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 1:22am
The uploader may fail when people try to upload (user error or website error I don't know). I'm waiting on an updated version of it.

Lotus will take care of them though...
bigpaulsmall View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigpaulsmall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 1:49am
On occasion I have created a location and added one picture to secure the ownership of the location. Being very busy (Thanksgiving) It took me 2 or 3 days to get back to posting a full gallery. I agree with ground state that this will cause many people to miss these entries. The website used to display both new locations and new galleries. Now the new galleries are harder to find, you have to click  on Tab number 2 which I don't often remember to do. I'd like to go back to the "New location, new gallery" method of old. I also like to see the creator of said gallery to easily identify locations in my area. Some of the Ottawa locations look fantastic, but it's been about 10 years since I've been there and maybe another 10 years before I go again.
Golson Moldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Golson Moldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 1:25am
That being said BPS what were the sites?  I know there were two or three of them, but don't usually look over the sites again.

Guess that is kind of a negative to posting 1 pic to only return.  Not many people really see them.

Chances are highly unlikely someone will post the same site within a day or two.
ann_faith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ann_faith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 9:32pm
The second I get hone from an explore , Im just so eager to post my new findings/pics...... im just sooo excited.....I can never " wait" 72 hours while my " location" sits empty....therefore, I too will NEVER understand how or why ppl do this. :p
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 6:45pm
Locations can no longer be put online if there are no photos.

Locations can be put online and the images removed afterward but then Lotus will try to delete it.
f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 12:25am
Censored NOW how am I supposed to piss people off that easily?? 
romester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote romester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 9:11am
It could be that they have made the location and did not realize that they would spend so much time working on their photos. Not everyone uploads as soon as they get home. I know I don't.
lowkeyimagedesign View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lowkeyimagedesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 9:46am
chalk it up to being new and not having the entry planned out to be uploaded, sometimes I find myself wanting to put certain pictures up before others, mostly due to layout of the site explored. I would organize and edit the pictures and build the entry offline then upload them all at one time. I think if you have to do quite a bit of editing of the photos then would it be easier to upload a new gallery that way the entry is made and it can be added to at a later time
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic