Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ontario Abandoned Places > Public Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

when stuff gets demolished

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote solid_snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: when stuff gets demolished
    Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:18pm
Does anyone else get kinda sad when they have to update a location to say that it's demolished? Maybe it's just me but it's kinda sad. It's like.. this was someone's home/business/livelihood/happy place, and now it's gone. You could drive by and you wouldn't know anything was ever there despite all the happy memories and stuff that happened there.
Doozer View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 2:36am
Yeah.  I'm feeling it a lot more, now that I'm in my late 40s.  A lot of the things and places I remember from my childhood are gone.  They just built a new high school in my town, and the old one that I went to is slated to be torn down.  It kind of bugs me.
bandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 9:38pm
Always, and as much as I love exploring abandoned stuff, it's sad to think about a place in its heyday. The Regal Constellation Hotel in Toronto was one that really got to me, I stayed there as a kid and thought it was such an amazing place. Never did I think I'd be wandering through its empty hallways with 2" of ice on the floor. And now it's a field. 

solid_snake View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote solid_snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 3:27pm
It was Bye's Manor Farm that did it for me. It would have been such a beautiful house at one point, but it's gone now too. There were kids toys in the attic, and in the detached bungalow wall paper in the bedrooms was clearly for children. There was foil in the oven too, it was like "someone cooked dinner here for the last time once.. I wonder what it was, and if it turned out."

Kinda a weird thing to think of I guess but I'm kinda glad to see I'm not the only one.
kcguest View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcguest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 1:47am
It was demolished??? I wanted to go there and planned on doing so when it got warmer. Bummer if it is gone now :(
Dave Summer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Summer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 12:39pm
Thorndale Obsession is one that bugs me. I really liked that house and now it's just a field.
hailey55439 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hailey55439 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 8:06pm
seeing everyone's photos of the Bowmanville Zoo was sad for me. i have such good memories of going there with my Papa as a kid, as young as 3, so it's sad to see it just left behind. only time will tell what'll happen with all these places 
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote solid_snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by kcguest kcguest wrote:

It was demolished??? I wanted to go there and planned on doing so when it got warmer. Bummer if it is gone now :(

You talking about Bye's and Fairway (the one next door)? If you were, I've got a bunch of pics I wasn't able to upload coz it limits you to 30.

That was actually my first experience going through an abandoned place. The christmas decoration I found at Fairway kinda bothered me though, but that''s just coz I'm an idiot and a softy for dogs. I went back on Christmas Eve on my way home from work and hung it up. LoL.. I don't know, it just seemed kinda fitting. Like... this place isn't a home anymore but it still deserves a little nod.
kcguest View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcguest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 11:48pm
Yes I was talking about Bye's and the place next door, I was really hoping to go there, I've seen a few pictures and it looks amazing.
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote solid_snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 11:44am
It would've been such a beautiful home back in its day. Both of them. I'd love to see if I could track down whatever happened to the people who lived there or what it looked like back in its day. The toys in the attic and the obvious kids room in the bungalow on the same property kinda got me. It's like... kids had fun here. How many christmas mornings were spent here? Where did the christmas tree go? Foil in the oven kinda too. Like.. someone sat in this kitchen one day and made dinner for the last time. What did they make? Did they know it was the last day?

I've got separation issues as it is (family stuff in my earlier years), so I guess I'm just soft. I'm glad to see someone else went through and got some good photos too.

My wife found the chart in the barn with the horses names; that was her thing where she was like "whatever happened to these horses? I wonder if any are still around"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic