Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ontario Abandoned Places > Website Questions or Concerns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Website suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigpaulsmall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Website suggestions
    Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 12:28am
How about a chat room where 2 or 3 (or more) could log in and discuss issues. This could help facilitate the "2013 Meet and Greet" with coordinating rides and such.
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 10:57am
I've thought about a chat room but the amount of online users at any one time is about 12 maximum. It also creates another area that needs to be babysat for abuse, PM seems to be a good alternative.

I will be creating an area specifically to discuss the upcoming meet, privately.

Edited by OAP - 24 Apr 2013 at 11:04pm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 11:39am
Howz about an alphabetical order list somewhere of who all the full members are, and any corresponding info like when they registered and when they gained full access, etc.
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by trailpro trailpro wrote:

Howz about an alphabetical order list somewhere of who all the full members are, and any corresponding info like when they registered and when they gained full access, etc.

This is do'able however many members received FM access directly (without being nominated by an admin) through the user editor and there is no record of when they received it or who issued it. I will update the member search option to show an alphabetical list of all the FM members though.

(An unsorted FM search was always available however upon looking at my code I realize I made it admin only)

f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 11:26pm
The list.....is in the open.

I REPEAT....

THE LIST IS IN THE OPEN!!!!!

Edited by OAP - 07 Jun 2013 at 7:21pm
rockandrollfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rockandrollfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 10:15am
Member: OAP issued full access to camo_toe on 8/17/2010

best

user

name

EVER!
Rockandrollfreak
www.freaktography.ca
https://www.facebook.com/Freaktography
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockandrollfreak/sets/
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 2:34pm
Lol - and drunkenmunky420 was issued full access... on 4/20! too perfect.. :-)
rockandrollfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rockandrollfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 3:28pm
LOL good catch!
Rockandrollfreak
www.freaktography.ca
https://www.facebook.com/Freaktography
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockandrollfreak/sets/
drunkenmunky420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote drunkenmunky420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 4:02pm
haha I never even notice thats when I got full access, that is to perfect
jerm IX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jerm IX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2013 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by rockandrollfreak rockandrollfreak wrote:

Why are you not on the list? Do you not exist? Are you a figment of my imagination?
trailblazer2112 View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote trailblazer2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 9:34am
So I just logged in but can only see the public forum, can't see the fm forum.
And the sight seem's kinda wonky sometimes, takes a few attempts just to log in, just freezes. Anyone else have the same problem?
ground state View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ground state Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:52am
Not yet, and I frequently log in from both work and home. 
Sounds like your browser may be on the fritz with temp files and clogged sh*t. 
Why don't you try Google Chrome and see. It tends to handle all sites very well. Firefox has been having a lot of problems with their latest two updates. 

Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote trailblazer2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 11:35am
This is from my android phone. I only use my laptop when I'm transferring photos from my camera and uploading photos to the site.
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 1:13pm
The forum is buggy.... you have to logout entirely from the site and back in to get the full access forums. Not sure why this occurs, I didn't make the forum software.

Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote trailblazer2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 1:52pm
I've done that and I can still only see the public forum..
f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 2:45pm
Could it have something to do with the FM settings for your profile in the forum? I think I remember OAP saying the main site and forum statuses are not linked, and you are listed here as a basic member, therefore restricted from seeing the FM forum. That's something admin can fix.
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote trailblazer2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 3:17pm
Ah yes, that must be it! Thank you f.o.s. I think you just solved it, because I changed my username 2 days ago. My profile in the forum shows that I only just joined 1 day ago.
Could someone with knowledge of the codes please fix that for me? Thanks..
f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 6:45pm
Glad to be of assistance...I see it worked.  I accept dark chocolate and rum.
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote trailblazer2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2013 at 10:52pm
Lol, you got it! ;-)
timo explorer View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote timo explorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 8:12pm
I understand the advertising links are important for funding of the site, but why does the text have to be in colours that are so difficult to read?  Today is bright yellow, I cannot even make out the words.  Yesterday was purple. 
I know they have to stand out to be recognized, but they make reading the descriptions very difficult.  Can anything be done to make the colours more user friendly?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic