FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTutorial - Roadtrip Planner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tutorial - Roadtrip Planner
    Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 2:31pm
The Roadtrip Planner is used to create a driving course for you to follow when you want to visit multiple locations. Some people do not have GPS units that allow multiple entries or may not own a GPS.

To use this feature:

- When you are on a location wiki click on the "Add to roadtrip" icon (the image of a small car). This will add the location to your trip.

- Continue to add locations to the roadtrip planner by clicking the above mentioned icon.

- When you're ready to see your driving map, go to My Account -> Roadtrip Planner. You may also remove entries from this page.

- The planner works by plotting a course from a city, you may select a city such as "Barrie" and the planner will create a driving map for you based on Barrie.

- Since it might not be feasible to plot a course from a city, you may also enter in coordinates to get directions from your own driveway (or other location).

I recommend using this link to convert your address into GPS coordinates:

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocode

Once you have the coordinates enter them into the "latitude" and "longitude" boxes and click "APPLY"

- When you have either selected a city or entered in the coordinates, then click "Plot My Trip" to see your map.

- The roadtrip planner will present you a driving map that will bring you back home again. If you want directions for the one way trip (that is, you will find your own way home) click on "Calculate fastest A-Z Trip"

- Note that total driving time and distance is displayed so that you will have an approximation of how long it will take to complete your trip (minus time spent photographing).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic