Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tutorial - How to Upload Photos to a Location
    Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 10:22pm
To upload photos to an EXISTING location:

1) Visit the entry that you'd like to add photos to. These entries are called Wiki's because they are like Wikipedia where people are able to add and edit the content of the location.

2) Click on the camera icon which reads "Create Photo Gallery".

3) Enter a name for your photo gallery (eg. "June 20, 2014 Trip", "My Photos", "Hot Summer's Day", etc.

Press the "Create My Gallery" button.

4) At this point you have two options. You may go return to the location wiki or you may proceed to upload photos. We will proceed to upload photos by clicking the area highlighted in red.

5) The image below represents your photo album as it appears when you have no images uploaded. You can see that you have the ability to delete your gallery, edit the gallery information or upload photos.

Select UPLOAD PHOTOS.

6) This is the standard image uploader which you will use to upload images to the website.

To select files for upload, click Attach a Photo. This will open your browsers file select window. Select one or more files. For this example I will be selecting two files (01.jpg and 02.jpg)

You can see in the image below that your two files are ready to be uploaded. By clicking the red X, you remove a file from the list to be uploaded. You may also click on "Attach a Photo" to select more files.

7) The black box is to allow you to enter a watermark. A watermark is text that appears in your photos. This is to allow you to credit your work. I have entered "OAP is the best".

8) Having selected my two files and entered a watermark (entirely optional) I am going to start the file transfer process by clicking the "START UPLOAD" button.

Notice the green rotating circle which indicates which file is currently being uploaded. There is also a green status bar to show the file progress.

9) You must wait for the following message to appear:

After you have uploaded your files, they may need to be resized. Additionally thumbnails (smaller images) need to be generated. This process may take up to 15-20 seconds depending on the amount of files you have uploaded. This is why you must wait for the Upload Completed message.

10) When you click the continue link, you are returned to the location where your gallery now appears in the location wiki.

11) When you click on your own gallery, you will be able to view your photos and be able to perform the functions mentioned in Step 5 such as uploading more photos.

12) Should you need to ROTATE one or more of your images, you have to select the images that you'd like to rotate. This is done by checking the boxes next to the images and then selecting whether you want to rotate clockwise or counterclockwise.

13) Clicking my first image:

Edited by OAP - 30 Jun 2014 at 4:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic