Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ontario Abandoned Places > Public Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone Intersted?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
driverv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote driverv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone Intersted?
    Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 9:46pm
I don't always use a GPS, but when I do, I prefer UTM. 
quiksilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote quiksilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2013 at 2:59pm
While scouting out fire tower locations across the border in MN, I spotted this near Finland, MN, there's also a fire tower near by.

I use UTM as opposed to decimal degrees but if you copy and paste this into google earth, it should take you there.  If not, look for Finland, MN.  Go just a touch north from that point, to Cramer road, follow Cramer road to airbase road, then follow airbase road to this spot.

15 T 632881 5257364
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland_Air_Force_Station

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in making a road trip sometime and hitting up this spot and a few of the fire towers I've found in the area as well.  I'll end up doing this on my own if I have to, likely in the spring or summer on a weekend, but, it's always more interesting exploring with others and this place seems to be teeming with people who enjoy interesting abandoned places.  Here's a list of the towers I have spotted.

Finland Tower:
15 T 633259 5257375

Hovland Tower
16 T 275839 5307224

Mount Sophie Tower
16 T 288311 5314938

Mount Maude Tower
16 T 294064 5317193
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic