Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ontario Abandoned Places > Public Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

others on sites

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Golson Moldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Golson Moldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: others on sites
    Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by f.o.s. f.o.s. wrote:

Where can I rent some decoy kids?  I smell a business plan in the works...better yet,  anyone willing to dress up like a little kid and explore with me?  I promise I'll only smack you around if you sass me.

I'm smelling a Hansel and Gretel story here, being so close to Holloween! Wink

f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Golson Moldon Golson Moldon wrote:

...  One of the good things about exploring with your kids.  You're generally not accused of anything other than taking pictures.

Where can I rent some decoy kids?  I smell a business plan in the works...better yet,  anyone willing to dress up like a little kid and explore with me?  I promise I'll only smack you around if you sass me.

Two kool four shcool
f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by rockandrollfreak rockandrollfreak wrote:

...they were just two weird dudes walking around the place!

That's probably what they said about you guys!
Two kool four shcool
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 4:27pm
I've found mattresses, old food cans, candles, dirty clothes on the floor and I find it fascinating that someone would live in such a building. Where do they obtain food? What led to them being homeless? How long have they been here?

Alas, I only have empty rooms to ask those questions to because the person is always long gone.

Dave Summer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dave Summer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 12:56pm
I've run into the same scrapper at McCormicks twice. The first time I met him he looked puzzled when I told him I was taking pictures. With a funny look on his face he replied "pictures of what?" The second time, we recognized each other. He asked me "How often do you come here?" and expressed concern that I was going down to the old boiler room.
I've never run into another photographer.
And yes, a few angry farmers.
Golson Moldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Golson Moldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 11:35am
Only property owners.  Usually they politely ask me to leave.  One of the good things about exploring with your kids.  You're generally not accused of anything other than taking pictures.
timekeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote timekeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 11:06am
I bumped into VitalFilms at Kodak last winter and had it not been for him I probably wouldn't have found the POE.

Riddim and I bumped into two weird dudes this year at McCormicks,..they weren't explorers and I don't think they were homeless...they were just two weird dudes walking around the place!

I was in LakeShore House also this year and there were signs of a recent female squatter, while shooting the main floor I heard a door gently close up stairs...I figure she hid in a closet because when I went up to see, a door that had been open moments later was now closed.  
Ground State had the great idea days later that I should have set my timer and opened the door at the moment the pic is taken....

Rockandrollfreak
www.freaktography.ca
https://www.facebook.com/Freaktography
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockandrollfreak/sets/
drunkenmunky420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote drunkenmunky420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 11:00am
I know a few people here have run into others while exploring. Most locations you don't have to worry about that but some of the bigger locations it becomes a possibility. Personally I have not run into anyone ever exploring I have missed people on this website by a day or even a few hours but that is as close as I have come. If I was to see someone I would probably ask what they are doing to make sure they are not stealing or vandalizing anything and then if they had a camera with them I would just say "OAP?" and if they didn't know what I meant by that I would just say never mind and move on with my explore. 
animefreak13 View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote animefreak13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 10:18pm
I've been wondering if anyone had run into another person while at a house or building wether it be a hobo or another explorer. What would you do in that case?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic