Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ontario Abandoned Places > Website Questions or Concerns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Where's the gallery creation button?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
toxic_lens View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote toxic_lens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where's the gallery creation button?
    Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 3:39pm
Perfect, thank you!
f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 10:30pm
There is another location under Muskoka, created by timo explorer, called Germania (Eva Suter Tragedy), location #2937, which is coded to accept new galleries.  There are a few galleries posted there, and Timo has photos of the church and school which you'll find interesting.  I suggest creating your gallery there if it is suitable.  Take a look and see what you think.
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote toxic_lens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 9:15pm
Ok, well that explains that. But I have some really nice photos of this site, and what if this happens again? Can we add a new location, such as Germania-2? I don't know if I will ever find a "new" location, but I love exploring and photographing the existing ones. I guess I can get points by doing this too, eh?
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 6:51pm
Germania is a 'hard coded' page. If a location doesn't have the "wiki.asp" in the URL it's hard coded. This means the location was created before the site permitted members to add content, and all content had to be manually created by manually typing in web page code.
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote toxic_lens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:06pm
Yes, that's where I've been looking, but it's not there. http://www.ontarioabandonedplaces.com/germania/germania.asp    When I click on Options, it brings up Google. Maybe because I'm not a full member?
f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 5:11pm
Halfway down the location page on the left you will find a camera icon to create a gallery, in the "options" section next to the map.
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote toxic_lens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 4:46pm
I just recently visited a location (Germania) and want to upload a new gallery but can't see a create gallery button. What gives?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic