Our Donation Drive is on. Help us with our hosting costs :)
GENEROUS DONATORS TO DATE

Ontario Abandoned Places

Thousands of abandoned locations for urban exploring
Location Database
Database
Blog
Blog
Forum
Forum
Search Locations
Search

User Search

SMS enhancements - Ontario Abandoned Places
Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SMS enhancements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ground state View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ground state Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SMS enhancements
    Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 7:45pm
For cheapskates like me that don't have a data plan, and do not get email notifications until I'm in a wifi hotspot, for sure I would use it. 

Post Options Post Options   Quote ground state Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 7:46pm
Had another suggestion too.... not sure whether this would be problematic or not, but is there any way (or desire) to enable BBC codes in location descriptions?

Post Options Post Options   Quote ground state Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 8:27pm

Ok, Ok, I get it!!! haha 
Were those edits to that location of mine a test, or were you showing that it is already possible? 
Storytrail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Storytrail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 9:13pm
I would use the SMS features!
TalkingWallsPhotography View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote TalkingWallsPhotography Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by ground state ground state wrote:

Ok, Ok, I get it!!! haha<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> </span>
Were those edits to that location of mine a test, or were you showing that it is already possible? 

A test... should have something by the end of the night.
f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 10:41pm
Does anyone else have problems using the search map feature from their phone? I think it might just be my phone is an older blackberry though. 
Two kool four shcool
Talker View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote Talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 9:58am
I would also use it. Even as an interim, I wouldn't mind the ability to do what you've described through email. Instead of just getting notified that you have a message, being able to see the text of that message, and respond from email directly.
superss View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote superss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 10:15am
You people are all speaking in tongues.
Storytrail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Storytrail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by andrewlawton andrewlawton wrote:

I would also use it. Even as an interim, I wouldn't mind the ability to do what you've described through email. Instead of just getting notified that you have a message, being able to see the text of that message, and respond from email directly.

Agreed to this. I get an email alert anyway, so the ability to reply through email would be nice. That being said, SMS would work as well. Either option is okay with me, my phone alerts me for both. 
Finz519 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Finz519 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 4:26pm
Sms is cool. I'd love to see the search have a "near you" option. It's could use your gps location to let you know what's near you. But I guess That's for a different topic.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic