Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ontario Abandoned Places > Website Questions or Concerns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Login Login

Regarding location #800

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcosphoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Regarding location #800
    Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 5:02pm
Scotch settlers graveyard and church is currently still active, although I would not really call it completely abandoned as there are some grave markers as new as 2015.  The owner cannot be contacted to change its status from unknown, it appears the address is not valid.  Can an administrator address these changes?  I would be happy to take it over from the past owner if they are off the radar, it is not horribly far from me and a nice place to visit from time to time I think.
timo explorer View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote timo explorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 8:30pm
I have changed the status to "Historic Location".  I believe the church itself is abandoned, or at the very least, no longer in use.  I was inside a few years ago and it was in bad condition.
The graveyard has been in use for a very long time, the final resting place of some of the earliest pioneers to the area, and yes, some current burials occasionally take place here, but I would hesitate to call this place active.  The address is accurate on the map, although perhaps not accurate as to the street #.  The church is fairly obvious to anyone heading down this dead end road and since you have mentioned the precise address in the comments, there is no need to update that feature, thus making it easier to find in search engines.
I am not sure what you mean by taking over the location from the previous owner, there is not much to do, its been posted, several people have visited and posted galleries.  If you think anything needs to be updated, simply leave a comment, as you have done, or contact an admin.
Looking forward to seeing your photos added to the gallery.  Thanks for the input.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic