Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ontario Abandoned Places > Public Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It's almost Doors Open time, Toronto! - Event Date: 28 May 2016 - 29 May 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote itsgoodtoexplore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: It's almost Doors Open time, Toronto!
    Posted: 15 May 2016 at 6:37pm
Yay! It's that time again for Toronto explorers! I noticed a bus-stop sign today and checked the website as soon as I could, and will you believe it???  THEY'RE OPENING THE DON JAIL THIS YEAR!! Wooo. I'ts now the "Bridgepoint Administrative Building" but who cares? Description on their website says that access to the original jail, regularly not open to the public, WILL BE OPENED for two days. So photography is allowed, but no tripods (boo). Not sure what to expect, but mark it on your calendars people, (and be prepared for a lineup.. there's no guaranteed entrance. If you sleep in and waste time, you can miss out. I hope I don't. For those of you unfamiliar with the location, building was constructed in 1864? and was the last use of capitol punishment in Canada. I believe. Google it. The architecture (from what I've seen) looks amazing. Curious to see how much of the original structure is in tact. 

Doors Open Toronto has omitted this location for the last few years, so take advantage!!! It might never happen again! See you all there!
-- it's good to explore
www.jnarell.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic