User Search

How to Post Pics of FM Locations? - Ontario Abandoned Places
Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to Post Pics of FM Locations?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Miche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Miche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Post Pics of FM Locations?
    Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 10:26am
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if it's at all possible to post pictures to FM locations while being a Basic Member. 

I know I can create "my own" location, but then comes the hassle of having to merge the gallery to the already existing location, which I'm sure is a major pain in the ass.

Lemme know!  Thanks! 

Miche

OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 5:53pm
There is no easy answer to this. The hassle of merging is done by admins so it requires no effort on behalf of basic members. I imagine there's a feeling of disappointment when members realize a new location of theirs exists on the site already but it happens to me as well.

There is no current way to post to FM locations as a basic member. To do so would involve having to reveal a location's existence to a basic member which would undermine the integrity of the access system. Once you've posted photos (and we've merged them) you're given access because you are clearly aware of the location, and we want to continue to keep it FM.

Miche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Miche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 12:48am
Ok that works.  Just thought it was a pain in the butt for admins to have to constantly be merging galleries. 

No worries.  And thanks for your help!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic