Archiving Canada's Abandoned Structures Before They Disappear

Photo Options in Gallery - Ontario Abandoned Places
Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Photo Options in Gallery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
drunkenmunky420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote drunkenmunky420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Photo Options in Gallery
    Posted: 16 May 2013 at 12:03pm
Think you would be able to make it so that after you have loaded your photo's to a gallery that you could then arrange the photo's into the order that you want them to be displayed in. I keep trying to select multiple photo's to upload at once but I can never seem to get them to upload in the order I want them. The only way I can see now is to upload each photo one at a time. If you could add a feature where you can check the box beside the photo and then go to the bottom and instead of just having the option to Delete or Rotate add move up in gallery or move back. Just wondering if it's not to much trouble to add something like that and if others also feel it would help them with there gallery's as well. Thanks let me know what you think.
mike6639 View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote mike6639 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 12:20pm
Just put all the pics you wanna upload into a new folder and rename them by numbering them from 1 - however many pics you have. Then upload them. They will upload in the order you named them (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.)
doom vs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote doom vs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 3:29pm
Yeah, that works.  I've never had a problem.  The only time that would be useful to me is if I add another half dozen later that don't belong at the 'end' of a gallery sequence and I would then have to delete a few and then reup them including the new ones.
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 6:13pm
I know that our uploader and the uploader on another UE site both like to put the last file in a selection at the top, causing you to have to remove the first file and reselecting it to get it back at the bottom.

As for rearranging the order, I've thought about this before. The thing is the photos are stored into a database in the order they are uploaded. They are retreived in the order of upload (if I recall correctly). They could be ordered by name or date also.

At this point I can't think of any way to install a custom sort for them - it could be done I'm sure but I don't know how to go about it. Uploading them in the order you want seems to be the best way to go for now.

ground state View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ground state Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by OAP OAP wrote:

I know that our uploader and the uploader on another UE site both like to put the last file in a selection at the top, causing you to have to remove the first file and reselecting it to get it back at the bottom.

Interesting. I've never once had that issue with the site. I wonder why it would be different for me? I have that same problem with dragging songs onto my ipod though, so I know exactly what you mean.

drunkenmunky420 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote drunkenmunky420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 5:15pm
Ok I was going to just start coping them into a folder and then renaming them before uploading but just seemed like a bit of extra work that might not have been unnecessary is all. Thanks anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic