Ontario Abandoned Places

(But we're really an archive of ALL Canada's forgotten places)

Home

Forum

Search

User Search

Website suggestions - Ontario Abandoned Places - Page 2
Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Website suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 8:21pm
Sure, the colours can be redefined.
ground state View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ground state Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2013 at 7:42am
Excellent suggestions Timo, I was going to suggest the exact thing but thought it was only me. 

Speaking of defining colours, as well as the new regulations regarding trial access (which sound perfect BTW), it might be neat to use identifying colours in the list of people logged in too. Kind of like how it now highlights who the administrators are. There could be an at-a-glance colour-code for FM, BM and BM on trial. 

OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by ground state ground state wrote:

Speaking of defining colours, as well as the new regulations regarding trial access (which sound perfect BTW), it might be neat to use identifying colours in the list of people logged in too. Kind of like how it now highlights who the administrators are. There could be an at-a-glance colour-code for FM, BM and BM on trial. 

This is easily done, let me have some time.
mobileworks View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote mobileworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 10:28pm
Site looks great. Your getting good at this site looks great
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 10:33pm
It took a while to get the design done, and I'm sure many people thought, "I hope this ugly look isn't going to stay". But I knew what I wanted, it was just a matter of getting the right code in place. I do the testing live, which goes against the unwritten rule of running a website and so some visitors saw the work in progress.

I like the final product too. I've also asked Nomad if he'll design another logo, waiting on a reply.
Finz519 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Finz519 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 5:42am
There are 2 new pop-up menus. When I put my pointer over them, they jump all over the place. They also seem to cover other buttons.

They look like they are lost dropdowns from "My Account" and "Website"
Storytrail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Storytrail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 10:02am
Are you still working on the my location comments and my picture comments? Under my picture comments, the comments listed are not my photos. They aren't photos I have commented on, either. Random locations that I have never been to.
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 3:00pm
My photo comments is not working at the moment. Trying to work out the SQL for it.
f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 12:18am
I know this is a work in progress, but I liked the home page better before the Facebook link was there.  It takes up too much space, and before the change if we navigated back to the homepage, it would be where we left off.  Now we have to navigate back to "Location" or "Comment" all over again...it's tedious. I know we're talking a few seconds, but a few seconds every time adds up and is super annoying if you've used the site for a long time and know how awesome the home page navigation used to be. 

I like the new colors tho. Thumbs Up
Two kool four shcool
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 3:33am
Added hazards for location entries. These can be adjusted in the location editor.
Finz519 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Finz519 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 5:15am
I've noticed there are a lot of locations that can now be BM. Fire, demo. ect.
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Finz519 Finz519 wrote:

I've noticed there are a lot of locations that can now be BM. Fire, demo. ect.

If you list them I'll take a look at them.
Storytrail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Storytrail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 4:11pm
I was surprised to see #3008 is full member.
superss View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote superss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 4:21pm
Maybe we should make a temporary forum where we can add locations as we find them. I've found a number & usually leave a message it's been demolished, but the location owner may not always change the setting.

f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 4:29pm
All demolished buildings should not arbitrarily be made Basic.  Depends on the site and history.
Two kool four shcool
superss View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote superss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 6:19pm
True, but mentioning it as demolished can let the owner &/or admins decide whether to change it or not.  There is a demolished location that remains as FM because of a previously irate owner.  A note was left on the location from an admin explaining this.  There are other demolished sites where the original location owner may no longer be using this site.
f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by superss superss wrote:

True, but mentioning it as demolished can let the owner &/or admins decide whether to change it or not.  There is a demolished location that remains as FM because of a previously irate owner.  A note was left on the location from an admin explaining this.  There are other demolished sites where the original location owner may no longer be using this site.

I think that would work SuperssStar
Two kool four shcool
Motleykiwi View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Motleykiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 10:34pm
Love the Hazards notice on the locations now, nice one OAP.
mobileworks View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote mobileworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 6:58am
Ditto on the hazard notice big guy.
rockandrollfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rockandrollfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 3:38pm
When I click on new comments on "Photos" on the home page nothing happens.  All the others work but not photo comments

:(

Rockandrollfreak
www.freaktography.ca
https://www.facebook.com/Freaktography
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockandrollfreak/sets/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic