Ontario Abandoned Places

(But we're really an archive of ALL Canada's forgotten places)

Home

Forum

Search

User Search

Website suggestions - Ontario Abandoned Places - Page 3
Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Website suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2014 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by rockandrollfreak rockandrollfreak wrote:

When I click on new comments on "Photos" on the home page nothing happens.  All the others work but not photo comments

:(

Ya it's not working for me either, must be a glitch.
Two kool four shcool
f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by f.o.s. f.o.s. wrote:

...and before the change if we navigated back to the homepage, it would be where we left off. ...

Thanks for taking the time to fix this OAP! Much more user friendly.
Two kool four shcool
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 10:52pm
It's a new script that works like the first one but loads content on the fly. It can also apparenty auto-update so if a new comment gets posted, it can update as you're looking at the new content list.

I disliked the last version. We're now at version 3.
Talker View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote Talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2014 at 4:33pm
Feature suggestion here:

Would it be possible to do a "quick find" widget on every page (including the forums) that allows users to type in a location number and automatically go to that page? Sometimes someone will mention a number on a forum post or in a private message or even in location comments without hyper linking it. If I'm on my computer, I know how to put it into the address bar in my browser to get to the location, but it's harder to do from my mobile, from which I typically visit the site.
f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 10:30am
Originally posted by andrewlawton andrewlawton wrote:

Feature suggestion here:

Would it be possible to do a "quick find" widget on every page (including the forums) that allows users to type in a location number and automatically go to that page? Sometimes someone will mention a number on a forum post or in a private message or even in location comments without hyper linking it. If I'm on my computer, I know how to put it into the address bar in my browser to get to the location, but it's harder to do from my mobile, from which I typically visit the site.

It's already on the homepage.  It says "View Location#_____________".
Two kool four shcool
Talker View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote Talker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2014 at 3:05pm
Yes, would it be possible, or useful for others, to have that on every page?
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by andrewlawton andrewlawton wrote:

Yes, would it be possible, or useful for others, to have that on every page?

Done.
ground state View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ground state Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 11:25pm
So has anybody else gotten screwed over writing a great description for a new location only to have it get deleted when you forget to indicate what type of listing it is (house, commercial, etc) and hit the back button to fix it? Arrgghhh!... a new, minor drawback to the inclusion of BB codes in descriptions. 

OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by ground state ground state wrote:

So has anybody else gotten screwed over writing a great description for a new location only to have it get deleted when you forget to indicate what type of listing it is (house, commercial, etc) and hit the back button to fix it? Arrgghhh!... a new, minor drawback to the inclusion of BB codes in descriptions. 

Happened to me about a week ago. I should ask for my premium membership fee back, such shoddy service.

I hear that it should be fixed in about 5 minutes.
f.o.s. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote f.o.s. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by ground state ground state wrote:

Yes...in a situation off this site.  Now I make sure I highlight a description/anything I've spent time on and copy it to my clipboard before hitting anything that will navigate me away from it.
Two kool four shcool
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 12:00am
Originally posted by f.o.s. f.o.s. wrote:

Yes...in a situation off this site.  Now I make sure I highlight a description/anything I've spent time on and copy it to my clipboard before hitting anything that will navigate me away from it.

It is a common issue when using web forms, not to have the information retained when going BACK in the browser. The problem should be fixed now by pressing F5 in the editor to restore the missing data.
ground state View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ground state Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by OAP OAP wrote:

such shoddy service.

It's that darn bartender, I tell you!
superss View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote superss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2014 at 5:33pm
Just make all your descriptions, "Abandoned White House." You can even cut & paste it from here.

You're welcome.
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 11:42pm
- PM notification emails will now contain the content of the message so that you don't have to login to the site to read them.

If you delete your sent PM to someone, by clicking on the small 'x', and the recipient has email notifications enabled, they will STILL BE ABLE TO VIEW your message when they check their e-mail.

- You may now click on a user's name in the comment area to view their profile.

- Avatar editor is still offline, it seems to be an issue with the web provider's component that I use.

Edited by OAP - 18 Aug 2014 at 3:12am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic