Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hi From Belleville

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kcguest View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcguest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi From Belleville
    Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 2:32am
Hi everyone,

My name is Casey and I live Belleville. I have been exploring often since 2015 but my love for exploring goes back further than that. My dad got my interest peaked in abandoned places when he took me to a farm house in Madoc. It was beautiful and I ended up going back another time and ever since I have explored non stop. I think my favourite find was an abandoned school in Prince Edward County. I came across it while googling abandoned schools and decided to take a drive by. There was a fence blocking the driveway but I noticed that it was open a bit and decided to drive in, there were people stripping the metal (to prep for demolition) and I asked them if I was able to walk around and luckily one of the workers there enjoyed abandoned places too so I was able to get a tour! I can't wait until it gets warmer to go out and search for more places. Definitely not looking forward to the storm starting tomorrow!
bandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:59am
Welcome!  I'm just in Campbellford but lived in Belleville for close to ten years (and still work there)
kcguest View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcguest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:11am
Nice to meet you! I was born in Belleville but most of my childhood was spent in Tweed and Foxboro. I have been living and working in Belleville for a few years now.
bandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 10:41am
We've lost some interesting spots in the past year (Metso minerals and Sun Luck Gardens)... I used to check Metso for an access point weekly, then life got really busy and bam, it was gone!
kcguest View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcguest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 12:55am
I was going to take some more photos of Sun Luck Gardens but they took it down so quickly. Right now the building next to it is still standing but I think it will be gone within the next few weeks.
bandi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 10:39am
It had an open access a few weeks ago but they boarded it up fairly quickly.  I've had my eye on that one for a while as well (I work about 200 feet from it)
kcguest View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kcguest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 5:21pm
Sometime I wish they would let us explore before they tear it down LOL there's one in the tyendinaga area I would like to check out but the weather has been brutal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic