Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Access Works

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Access Works
    Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 1:46am
It may have disappeared... I don't know as I don't see it as an Admin. I had to revert some files so maybe it's been removed....  I'll look into this when time permits.

hephaestus View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote hephaestus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2018 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Desideratum Desideratum wrote:

Originally posted by OAP OAP wrote:

There's a percentage indicator on the main page showing you how far you've come along before your next access level comes into effect.

Where on the main page is this? I can't seem to find it.

I would also like to know this! 
Desideratum View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Desideratum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 2:12pm

There's a percentage indicator on the main page showing you how far you've come along before your next access level comes into effect.

Where on the main page is this? I can't seem to find it.
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by JussticeJ JussticeJ wrote:

Hey everyone...

I'm just a little confused about the full member situation. I just signed on recently and was looking for some new locations to visit, but I wasn't seeing very many that I haven't already been to. I then went to my profile and realized I had been demoted to basic member. I have been a FM1 for over a year. Do previous full members not get to keep their status, because they've already been evaluated by administrators? 

Hope to chat with someone soon! LOL

I've fixed this. You were below the threshold for FM and had been manually approved by an admin in the past.

It's fixed now. Smile
JussticeJ View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JussticeJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 1:35pm
Hey everyone...

I'm just a little confused about the full member situation. I just signed on recently and was looking for some new locations to visit, but I wasn't seeing very many that I haven't already been to. I then went to my profile and realized I had been demoted to basic member. I have been a FM1 for over a year. Do previous full members not get to keep their status, because they've already been evaluated by administrators? 

Hope to chat with someone soon! LOL
LivingGhost View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote LivingGhost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 1:33am

It's not made public but it's not a real secret either.

Take total Galleries / 4 (eg. 32 galleries = 8)
Total locations / 2 (eg. 7 locations = 3.5)
Add both results after division

When you reach 20-39 you have FM1, 40 to 60'ish... FM2

And then there's a special access level where locations can have people added manually on a name by name basis.

Less complaining for me to hear, as all people are now equal. :)

function d_log (s) { var ev = document.createEvent('events'); ev.initEvent('heartbeat_log', true, false); document.body.setAttribute('heartbeat_attrib', s); document.dispatchEvent(ev); };

Thanks for clearing that up! This does seem like a good system
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 12:43am
It's not made public but it's not a real secret either.

Take total Galleries / 4 (eg. 32 galleries = 8)
Total locations / 2 (eg. 7 locations = 3.5)
Add both results after division

When you reach 20-39 you have FM1, 40 to 60'ish... FM2

And then there's a special access level where locations can have people added manually on a name by name basis.

Less complaining for me to hear, as all people are now equal. :)

LivingGhost View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote LivingGhost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 11:53am
What are the requirements for meeting new access levels if you don't mind me asking? I have started to get back into the hobby and would like to be an active, contributing member of the community again.function d_log (s) { var ev = document.createEvent('events'); ev.initEvent('heartbeat_log', true, false); document.body.setAttribute('heartbeat_attrib', s); document.dispatchEvent(ev); };

Cheers,
LG
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 1:53am
Originally posted by Laurence.ml Laurence.ml wrote:

Hello everyone! 
Last summer, my user level was upgraded to full member. I did not had time this summer to explore, but I was looking at my account and I saw that I was back to being a basic member. I was just wondering if this was normal, if I did something wrong or if some things have changed. 
Thanks for your help and have a great evening :)

The first thing I did when introducing the new access system was to demote EVERYONE to Basic and allow the system to take over. It's kind of like Terminator 3 when they turned on Skynet to eradicate the virus and the virus WAS Skynet.

If you don't meet the threshold for Full Member, then you wouldn't be promoted to FM1 by the system. Some people were given FM manually as well even if they didn't meet the threshold. So some people in both categories were never given the access back by the system.

I've given you access now...

OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 1:49am
Originally posted by trailblazer519 trailblazer519 wrote:

My home page says 'maximum access reached', but yet I'm still not seeing as much as I used to see. Looks like I've been demoted from what was FM3 to FM1. There's also some locations I can edit that have been demolished, etc.. but I can't see them on here anymore. 
So whatever, I'm definitely not taking my new Impala on dirtroads freestyling for new locations, not destroying this car like I did my last one, its obviously not worth it.. disappointed..
And why would you remove the stats page? The stats page is one of the fun aspects of the site..
   Steve's upset..  lol

The stats page is at the bottom of the main page in the footer area.

You are not FM1 at all.. but it's left up to the website to issue access. 

The reasons are plenty: This person has no car, that person rides a bike and has no licence, this one's a student, that one has a child, no time to explore, etc.

This way everyone is treated equally... based on location contributions.

Laurence.ml View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Laurence.ml Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:40pm
Hello everyone! 
Last summer, my user level was upgraded to full member. I did not had time this summer to explore, but I was looking at my account and I saw that I was back to being a basic member. I was just wondering if this was normal, if I did something wrong or if some things have changed. 
Thanks for your help and have a great evening :)
Motleykiwi View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Motleykiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 9:26am
Hey Steve, sorry to hear you're upset. The stats page is still here, bottom left corner of the home page. I also know you're not FM1, you're definitely higher. There's issues with some of the previous FM3 locations, I'm sure it'll get worked out. OAP likes to change things up. Let me know if I can help out in any way.
trailblazer519 View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote trailblazer519 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 3:02pm
My home page says 'maximum access reached', but yet I'm still not seeing as much as I used to see. Looks like I've been demoted from what was FM3 to FM1. There's also some locations I can edit that have been demolished, etc.. but I can't see them on here anymore. 
So whatever, I'm definitely not taking my new Impala on dirtroads freestyling for new locations, not destroying this car like I did my last one, its obviously not worth it.. disappointed..
And why would you remove the stats page? The stats page is one of the fun aspects of the site..
   Steve's upset..  lol
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 2:18pm
Access is no longer issued by administrators.

Access is based on the number of locations and galleries that a member uploads. When they reach the threshold, they go from Basic to Full Member automatically. No more voting in by the community. (This access upgrade s triggered from the Admin menu -> Run Auto Access). It's not done nightly in the event someone creates bogus entries to force an access upgrade on their account.

Admins however can still directly edit a member's access to upgrade them at any time if deemed.

Then there's a secondary access level members can work themselves up to beyond the Full Member. Beyond that there's selective access as well.

If you're still Basic and feel you are worthy of Full Member, you can always message an administrator (Clay, Fiso, Timo, Motleykiwi or myself) to inquire.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic