Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Suburbex Story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Suburbex View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Suburbex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Suburbex Story
    Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 12:56am
Hello all!
Just an introduction as this part of the page didn't exist when I first became a member.

You all know me as Suburbex and I'm your source for abandoned military infastructure nation wide. I'm from a small town just west of Ottawa but my travels take me coast to coast and I go FAR out of my way for an abandoned army outpost. From the Pinetree Line, to US brokered bases, to our former "Secret" network of bunkers, I intend to visit, explore and document as much of this infrastructure before it is lost forever. Growing up around all this decommissioned(and BEING decommissioned) property peaked my interest in Urban Exploration and with the growth of the internet I began extensive research into these networks of bases and about 5 years ago, began my quest to document it all and chose Ontario Abandoned Places as a medium for this. I've come to almost rely on OAP when traveling the backroads in order to get my Urban Exploration "fix" over the past years.

As you'll likely notice in my photo's I typically enjoy using a classic car as my "Exploration Vehicle", they very depending on the distance and terrain. I restore classic cars and enjoy a good tour and they typically make for a very nice photo. This relates to my username though, my first Exploration Vehicle was a Chevy Suburban, which coined the name "Suburbex" lol.

Anyways, that's my story. I'm sticking to it, and I'll keep sticking to bringing you more Canadian military decay for years to come!
timo explorer View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote timo explorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 9:08am
Thanks for the intro.  I share your love of military locations, always looking for something out of the ordinary.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic