Ontario Abandoned Places

(But we're really an archive of ALL Canada's forgotten places)

Home

Forum

Search

User Search

Drat! Foiled again. And again... - Ontario Abandoned Places
Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drat! Foiled again. And again...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Doozer View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drat! Foiled again. And again...
    Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 11:38pm
Since I have become interested in abandoned properties, I am always on the lookout for places to explore.  There is a house around the corner from me that I was certain was abandoned.  I walk past it all the time with my dog, and I have never seen signs of life.  The front yard is so overgrown that you can barely get to the front door.  The back yard is completely overgrown, so much that it is completely impassable.  I never saw lights on, and the whole house looks run down and poorly kept.  I have been keeping my eye on it for a while to look for opportunities to check it out.  Last week, I saw someone pull into the driveway and go inside.  Later that night, I saw the flickering glow of a TV through the blinds.  Now, there is a dumpster parked in the driveway full of garbage.  I suspect that it might have been abandoned, but someone just bought it.

There is another place on the highway in Fesserton that I was certain was abandoned too.  Run down, dumpy looking place with no signs of life.  I drove past it the other day, and saw the front door open, and a bunch of people having a meal at a picnic table in the yard.  OK, nothing to see here.  Moving on...
mobileworks View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote mobileworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 12:36pm
Yes, sometimes we wait tooooo long, until it's toooo late, been there. You have a dog so no one will likely get all up in your face[unless it's a small dog, lol].  Just chalk it up to experience and go for it sooooner next time.
Doozer View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 9:54pm
I think I found a new one.  I'm not waiting this time.  I'm going to go see it this weekend.
Iwaslookingformycat View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iwaslookingformycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 5:49pm
I have regretted so many opps as well, but sometimes going in without enough recon is just a regrettable. How did the new one pan out?
Olive Branch View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Olive Branch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 1:43pm
Ooh, I'm invested in the story now! Can't wait to hear how the new location panned out!
Doozer View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 10:19pm
I totally forgot about this.  It was almost a year ago.  When I went back to check it, there was a fresh dumpster in the driveway.  Going again a week later, the dumpster was full.  Someone has since gutted and renovated it.  It's still technically empty, but far from abandoned.

It has been a year from hell, and I haven't been out exploring at all.  (Or bike riding, or geocaching, nature photography, or most of the other fun things I like to do.)

Things are mostly settled now, and I would like to get out again.  I have my eyes on a couple of locations in the Midland area.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic