Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ontario Abandoned Places > Public Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exploration gear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zenit-User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 12:27am
I usually carry the following;

-Eos 700D (Rebel T5i)
-stock 18-55 lens
-58mm Helios 44-2 F/2 prime lens - The Bokeh Monster.
Vanguard Alta pro 263AT - Highly versatile tripod, legs lock in three positions, central column can come out and orbit as well as being a slide rail, very good for virtually anything, solid aluminum so it won't break.
- a few effects filters, center spot, half blur, cross screen, UV for both lenses, as well as hard cases for the lenses and filters.
-Flash unit and spare batteries.
- chargers for everything so I don't get stranded with a dead phone, or miss out on that one last shot if it's in an urban area and I can charge the batteries across the street in a restaurant
- Mccordick particulate respirator ($50 from the hardware store is worth the investment for healthy lungs.)
- An appropriate disguise.
- long jeans, because plants suck.
- some form of light, typically both my UV lamp and a small flashlight if nothing else.
glassoline View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote glassoline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 2:06am
Originally posted by fiso fiso wrote:

an external partner (aka, while there are two of us, there are never two inside at the same time)
How come never two at the same time inside?? I'm genuinely curious as I always stick very close together with my companions. 

fiso View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote fiso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 8:44am
Companions tends to mean, to me, more than two, in which case, my advice doesn't hold.  Simple really, if something happens inside, you're both probably going to be impacted and no one calls for help.  Someone outside also helps manage "surprises".  If you've been inside for a while, taken a look around and the place is safe and secure, then, adapt accordingly. 
timo explorer View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote timo explorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 8:23pm
I usually explore alone.  Get in and out quickly, always be on the lookout, use Ninja stealth and be prepared to walk away when things don't feel right.

That being said, anytime I have explored with others, we have always been inside at the same time, pointing out interesting features to each other and also keeping a watch on the exterior approaches.  A back-up lookout would be very handy in many cases.
kaitrinsullivan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kaitrinsullivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:22am
I always carry my full camera bag with me, as well as my cellphone and some bug spray. My boyfriend and I often go together, him going ahead of me to check for any hazards. We have also taken turns depending on the location, one of us waiting in the car to keep an eye out.
icrynoodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote icrynoodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 5:08pm
I'm a little late to the discussion but

In the car i have
- Camera, extra lens, extra sd card, battery charger, lens cleaner
- Water
- First Aid Kit
- Knife
- Space clothes/shoes (cause honestly you never know when you'll rip your sweater on a fence)
- Cell phone, Charger
- Gps
- Flashlight
- Bug Spray
- Gloves, Dust Mask

I know i over pack, but i like to be ready for anything...but yet i still usually ill forget the important things like the flashlight in the car.
ghostwithagun View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ghostwithagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:43pm
The items I like to take on my trips would be: 
- Bandaids 
-Flashlight (with extra set of batteries)
-Knife 
-Water
-Granola Bar
- Camera ( Canon T5) 
- Boots
- and sometimes some rope (just in case) 
ghostwithagun View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ghostwithagun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 9:44pm
and how could I forget my Ventilation Mask Tongue.
IamNotaTumor View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote IamNotaTumor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:09am
Originally posted by aeb00 aeb00 wrote:

Here is a list of things I have regretted forgetting or not being equipped with while in an abandonment on more than one occasion:

-flashlight/headlamp
-charged cell phone
-spare camera battery

I'll tell you... on more than one occasion I have also been very grateful to NOT have my wallet, ID, or any money on me. ... Something to keep in mind. ;)

A very good thing to mention in case accidents happen.Star
Iwaslookingformycat View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iwaslookingformycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 9:02am
I'm pretty new to UE but I find that bringing my dog to do all my recon before I go in is a lifesaver. Last night I was checking out a new place to see if how chill it was an within 10 min a security truck rolls up and the guy just gave me the hat tip.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic