Our Donation Drive is on. Help us with our hosting costs :)
GENEROUS DONATORS TO DATE

Ontario Abandoned Places

Thousands of abandoned locations for urban exploring
Location Database
Database
Blog
Blog
Forum
Forum
Search Locations
Search

User Search

Camping?/Squatting? - Ontario Abandoned Places
Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Camping?/Squatting?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
axf905 View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote axf905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camping?/Squatting?
    Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 2:05am
Anyone guilty of just stayin the night in their favorite home away from home? Always has been a curiosity of mine, just putting one night's worth of life back into a forgotten home. Almost like the house is lonely and you being there for a night gives it purpose and makes it smile...or I am lookin to far into it lol anyway if someone has some cool stories add a reply!
TalkingWallsPhotography View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote TalkingWallsPhotography Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 6:32am
I know of some people who've brought along a sleeping bag and stayed the night either in the US or Canada.

Some people have camped out inside (or on the roof) of a former prison in Northern Ontario.

I can't think of too many places that would be suitable for sleeping inside due to a) animals, b) air quality or c) openings in the wall/doors.

axf905 View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote axf905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 2:59pm
Yes I definitely wouldn't trust too many places. I guess it would need to be a well preserved timed capsule
Doozer View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 12:22am
I get anxious when I go to a hotel and have to sleep in a strange place.  There's no way on earth that I could spend the night in an abandoned house.
timo explorer View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote timo explorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2017 at 10:41pm
I slept in a few old ranger cabins, and a couple of other abandoned hunt camps over the years.
axf905 View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote axf905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 12:59pm
I heard of an old safari van out in Peterborough that was a hunt camp.You could apparently bring a battery and a jerry can and start it to use for heat just in case.
Ian85 View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ian85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 11:49am
I went to Burwash prison near Sudbury and people had installed tents on the roof. Was pretty cool
OuijaPrince View Drop Down
Basic Member
Basic Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote OuijaPrince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 2:56pm
I’ve considered it as a sort of a thrill seeking adventurous kind of thing, but I’m much too nervous to actually do it lol!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic