Ontario Abandoned Places Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BB codes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bigpaulsmall View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigpaulsmall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BB codes
    Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 12:33am
I'd like to be able to include photos in my forum posts. I know that with BBcodes you can do that, but I have to first upload the picture to Flikr and then click, click, click, click, copy,paste,cut,paste,paste, and finally get the picture in the forum. Is there a way to get pictures already posted on OAP to link easily into the forums? Or is there a better way to find the BBcodes :)
OAP View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote OAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 4:20pm

Currently you CAN link to the photo but there is no easy method to get the link to the photo itself. You have to know where the photos reside. The format is easy though:

[ img ] link here [ /img ]

I don't want people to link to the images from external sites so I'll have to design a 'link to pic' option that will only work from within OAP. Give me some time... things are slow on the forum anyway for now.

bigpaulsmall View Drop Down
Full Member (T)
Full Member (T)

Post Options Post Options   Quote bigpaulsmall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:09pm
Thanks man, the forum seems to be suffering a hangover or something.
Administrator View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 9:48am
Ordinarily one has to pay $70 to unlock the forum extra features which include the abillity to upload images locally from your own computer (I didn't write the forum code). Rather than having images hosted elsewhere I was going to cave in and allow members to use storage space to host forum images.

I tried 'bypassing' the payment feature just to see if I could get it to work, and was partially successful (I could upload local images to the site) but you couldn't view the images that you'd already uploaded to your personal storage space. In the end I decided the cost of purchasing the forum outweighed the benefit of being able to upload local images from your computer.

The forum doesn't see enough activity to really justify upgrading the forum software at this point, it's 99% database and 1% forum.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic