Brient was a railside village located a km east of the ghost town of Michipicoten on the Michipicoten Harbour Rd., 9 kms south of Wawa.
In 1912 the ACR finished a line from Hawk Junction to the Soo and they chose Brient's flat locale to build harbour yards and maintenance facilities. The village had had no streets, but had shops, an office, and bunkhomes and worker cabins.
When the harbour traffic fell and when the ACR built new facilities at Hawk Junction the town died.
It is not to be confused with the railside mill town in Algonquin Park called Brent.