Today, Black Horse Corner is nothing more than a sign in a corner of a farmer's field. At one time this thriving settlement had a tannery, fulling mill, pump shop, shingle mill, wagon, shoemaker and a blacksmith shop.
The name of the village came from The Black Horse Hotel, which was named by an innkeeper who had a fondness for horses. The hotel burned down in 1875 and the remainder of the town was wiped out in a flood shortly thereafter.
Located at the corners of Cedar Creek Road and Northumberland Street (4-way intersection) outside of Ayr, Ontario.