The former Union Cemetery which accepted burials from the mid-1850's through the early 1920s. The cemetery itself is triangular (almost equilateral) and the headstones are ALL clumped in to about a ten by ten square. This is because Leslie Armstrong, the leader of a committee organized to restore the cemetery, passed away (1986) before the work could be completed. (one wonders in Leslie was a committee of one). The Armstrong family has maintained a farm in the Bearbrook (now one word) since 1861.
According to the 1881 Belden atlas, there was a church on this site. It is gone. There was a second church to the north along Forced Road. This church is gone now as well, but its cemetery also remains. Screen captures of the 1881 Belden and a Google Earth view are included in the gallery.
Hill and Morrison are the most frequent names. The engravings on most of the stones (the windward ones) have deteriorated considerably with time.