Just outside the downtown core of Guelph sits a school built in 1878 that has seen it all for the last time, very soon. With the new school built the Tytler school will be soon in the fate of the city of Guelph. It was named after Dr. William Tytler , a doctor of education. It was originally called St. Patricks. The school mascot was , yes, Toby the Tiger and their team, the Tytler Tigers. With very old and worn creaky wood floors and large cracks in the walls this school has been expensive to maintain and a retrofitting nightmare. This school is in excellent condition for its age though and still better then other schools, in the rural areas, of this time period. The skylights were lost in the 1980's from a terrible storm and were too costly to repair. 106 kids will make their way a little north from here this fall.