The T. Gibbens is sitting on the bank of the Black River in Matheson Ontario. It's really sad to see that this tug boat will never be salvaged for a museum for all to see and enjoy...
Russel Brothers Ltd - Design #264 - Canadian List of Shipping 1956: T. Gibbens [C.177503] registered at Owen Sound; built at Owen Sound in 1946. 81' 8 x 18' 2 x 6' 2; 103 g.t.; 32 n.t.; 180 hp. Owned by Abitibi Power & Paper Co. Ltd., Toronto. Canadian List of Ships 1997: Owned by Lake Abitibi Adventures Inc., Iroquois Falls, Ontario. Transport Canada List 2003: Owned by Lake Abitibi Adventures Inc., Iroquois Falls, Ontario. Ivan Brookes Notes. Steel diesel warping tug [C.177503] T. Gibbens; registered at Owen Sound was built in 1946 by Russel Brothers Ltd. Dimensions: 81.8 x 18.2 x 6.2; 103 g.t; 32 n.t./ Fairbanks Morse diesel. Owned by Abitibi Power and Paper Co. Ltd., Toronto l946 - 1969. Still on Dominion List in 1970. RBF Notes: Unofficial name change to Abitibi Adventure (Dan McKay). Being scrapped at Matheson, ON August 2004.
As of May of 2015 still not scrapped.
UPDATE: A committee was formed to save the Gibbens and she was moved from Matheson Ontario to Iroquois Falls where she will be put on display for future generations to enjoy. Location has been changed.