This pioneer cemetery was active from 1847-1968 and is now closed. Originally, ten acres were granted by the Crown Patent, 16 June 1852. Eight acres were sold by the cemetery trustees on July 4th 1907. Another .13 of an acre was used for the King's Hwy. on the 26th April, 1939. [ WWII started on Sept. 1st that year]. Most people here lived into their sixty's and seventies with 3 into their eighties.