Rydal Bank had first started off as a small logging settlement that was first inhabited by Lumberman of the Area. The Lumber and Timber industry was first a thriving primary industry sector of Ontario, Canada in 1880. Lumbering at the time was followed by dams that were built in order to improve log drives down to Thessalon, Ontario, Canada. This was a major part of the history that became adapted toward building the community of Rydal Bank, Ontario, Canada. The very first of these dams was put into operations within the mid 1880's which resulted in completing this Dam in 1885. Much of Dam at the time was also known to have provided a control route for the waterways between Ottertail Lake and the Thessalon River.
Most of children in the Plummer area that included Rydal Bank had also attended school in Bruce Mines from 1880 to 1883. This resulted in building a new school that wasn't so far distance and the local school was officially built in Plummer and classes were commenced on February, 1884. The very first school that was built in this isolated community was located on Lediet Line in 1890.
It was rather Ottertail Lake that provides major problem for the river log drives in moving log to the saw mill in Thessolon, Ontario, Canada. The problems at this time had also been caused due to the shallowness of the lake During this time, Charles Hunt had rather purchased an old tug boat, call the Alligator, from W. R. Smyth in order to haul booms across the lake. This had allowed effective lumbering operations as the logs were maneuvered down the Thessalon River by the water dams that became effective for log driving.
As families of the Lumbermen and miners became an important part in contributing towards the small down of Rydal Bank in 1900's. This resulted in building Presbyterian Church that became known as the Rydal Bank Presbyterian Church in 1907. Most of the engineering plans of this church were designed and place into development by Walter Robinson and his son at the time. Before the church was being developed the land belonging to Catherine (Day) Hoath would be sold to Mr. Robinson for a dollar. This partial of land at the time had also been located on Lot 4, Concession One, at the time. Much of the property at this time was purchased by the Trustees of the Church, James Emunds, Oliver Burden, and Alexander Finlayson. The first service and opening of the Rydal Bank Church was officially held on January, 5, 1908. Much of the design of this church was mainly made from a stone foundation that had utilized local conglomerate from the Martin International Trap Rock Company and was clad with clapboard and decreative wood shingles in front of the Gable End. The Off-set steeple, was a large gothic arched stained glass window and pierced board gable trim of the front elevation that provided a warm welcome to its visitors. This resulted in designing the interior of natural wood panelling, while globed lamps. wooden pews and pulpit were made for the testimony to the Craftsmanship pf the early residents of the community. Other artifacts that were distributed within the church had also included a pump organ that was played by Mrs. Viola from 1913 to 1978. The historical service held within the church were rather in provided from 1908 to 1978, when the Church was officially closed by the Church Union at the time. Plans at the time were made in taking new ownership of this historical structure when the church was bough by the Rydal Historical Society in 1989.
Another historical building was also developed in 1896, which became known as the Loyal Orange Lodge Rossmore No. 356 Hall. The reason for building this hall was mainly for the purpose of providing a place for social gatherings and became a very well known site for school concerts. Other events that were held in the hall had included a shooting match on Christmas Day of 1903, a grand ball and a box social was held in 1908, a wedding in 1910, and a meeting to establish a patriotic society in 1916. Down falls would occur in the year of 1959. when Membership in the Orange Lodge had declined to such a point that the Toronto Lodge had saw litter merit in keeping the organization and the hall operating had ordered the building to be burnt. This event at the time had also sparked a new movement when protesting had unfolded in preserving the Rydal Bank History.
The logging and farming sectors have rather been the key economics of this small town for nearly a century. Mining also provided the community with jobs as Copper and Gold Mines were being built. This resulted in the development of the Rock Lake Copper Mine and the Ophir Gold Mine in the 1890's. Many towns at the time had spurred into existence that included the Ophir Town-site in 1882 and the Havilah Town-site in 1909. Each of these towns that were situated close to Rydal Bank had contributed towards the towns economy in way or another. It was also during 1915, when the main logging dam that had connected Ottertail Lake and the Thessalon River was rebuilt and bridges had also been replace from wooden to steel structures. Another change to the dam for log driving was made in 1950, when the Department of Lands and Forrest had constructed it. This dam of concrete make had rather replaced the costly expenses in making two dams and the one was then built. One of the most important contributors towards wildlife was known as Chantelle Walkey and her colleagues Walter Ceolin, Mike Maguire, and Bruce Stubbs. A major incident at the time had taken place on January, 2003, when all four of these people had tragically loss their lives when their helicopter had went down during an aerial moose survey. Each of these people at the time were also deeply committed towards protecting Ontario's Natural Resources.