*This part of Erin Township was known as Ninth Line School Section. The first log school in this section was built on Lot 31 Concession 10 on land owned by Dougal McFee. This was later replaced by a frame building built on John McLachlan's farm, West half of Lot 30, Concession 10. In 1888, this school was replaced by a brick building located at the corners of Edward Dyer's and John White's farms, Lots 30 and 31, Concession 9. At the same time, the location of the previous frame school was converted into a cemetery for the local community. The cemetery was called PleasantView.
*[quoted from an archives transcript found online]
There are 4 names in this cemetery; Ferguson, McLachlan, McNevin and Smith.
A few are of young children. One stone that was hard to read looked like it was from as early as 1825. This area was first occupied in 1820 by settlers from Scotland.
The concrete corner foundations that you see in the photos must be from the old school house.