The original North Lake Station was located 71 miles from Port Arthur, at Mile Post 71.0 on the Port Arthur Duluth and Western Railway line. The station was abandoned by 1923. It was intended to link with the Duluth & Iron Range RR in the US.
This particular listing is for a replica of the original building. It was built about 4 km from the original site on Addie lake. The building was burned by the MNR in 2004 and all that remains are the foundations and few large beams.