Nephton is a ghost town that began in 1935 when a Nepheline syenite mining operation was opened NE of Stoney Lake, Ontario in Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, Ontario on Route 6 in Peterborough County. The village grew right beside the mine site. According to a topo map dated 1976 it had about 25 buildings including a post office, a school and a library. For its post office history read the link below..
Every building in the village was removed by the late 1980's. Today all that remains is the mine and the mine's waste pond.
The village had 3 dirt lane ways (streets) which are now buried under the side of the nepheline waste pond on the east side of the road.
The title "Nephton" still exists as a directory in local phone books, however.
For old time photos go to the Nephton facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/9970710347/