Built in 1897 on the land of an earlier mill (Wardlaw) which had burned down the same year, was the Turnbull Mill. It operated as a knitting mill until 1946 when it became part of Dobbie Industries. The business operated until the 1970s.
The remains of the old mill were incorporated into a park, known as Mill Race. The park sits right along the waterline of the Grand River and it has beautiful views of the neighboring buildings. It is designated as a historical location.
The location often hosts weddings and photoshoots, as well as concerts and festivals.