This gold mine was built in 1909 and decommissioned in 1916. The only thing that's left is the Open Pit, 2 tailing ponds, and a few cement foundations. It is located south of Long Lake, and can be accessed by ATV/Snow machine.
The Ministry of Northern Mines and development will be cleaning up this site soon, as it is known to be contaminating local drinking water and lake waters to dangerous levels. It is advised not to come into contact with the toxic levels of arsenic present in both the tailings and the groundwater at this abandoned site.