Ontario Abandoned Places
Located in: Greater SudburyLocation #1725 PublicTo request this location be removed, submit a Report Location form.
Location Owner:AnonymousCreation Date: 7/1/2010Last Updated: 7/1/2010
George Vanier Public School opened in September of 1951. It served as a Junior Kindergarten to grade 6 school.In 2009 the Rainbow District School Board chose to close the school and consolidate the grades with Jessie Hamilton Public School. There is a state of the art environmentally friendly "Green" school just feet away from this location. It may become parking or become the site of another business in the core of Lively.In the back of the school yard stands a very large wind powered turbine that is probably 100 feet tall.