On June 19 th, 1934, Henry Ruphert Bain purchased 100 acres of farmland, the parcel labeled as Lot 12, 3 rd Concession east of Yonge on the 1878 Crown Grant map. The cost of the purchase is estimated at $75,000. Bain begins to develop the land into an estate. By 1936 he has spent over $250,000 on Graydon Hall, a 29 room Georgian Manor. It featured extensive gardens and fountains.
In 1964 the property was sold to developers who built condos and apartments on the lawns between the hall and the river. Graydon Hall still stands and is in use as a banquet facility.
The two buildings on this site are the remains of the pumphouses that pumped the water up to the gardens. The first is made from stone and has two rooms. One had a large tank and two pumps of some kind. The second room appears to have had some sort of power transformers.
The second building has a couple of old pumps in it.