This place would be better viewed in the summer... These pictures do not do it justice.
Description below can be found on http://brucetrail.org/system/downloads/0000/0094/Dufferin_Hi-Lands_-_Kilgorie_Side_Trail_Loop.pdf
Nearby is an old flume which brought water from a dam, which, when constructed in 1909, was the longest of its kind in Ontario. The plant supplied power to Shelburne, Horning's Mills and part of Orangeville. The creation of Ontario Hydro, however, put many of Ontario's private power plants out of business, and by 1927 hydro power was no longer being generated here.