History: Little seems to be known about this cemetery located on the northwest corner of Walker's Line, and Derry Road at the top of the hill. Some of the stones are gone with only the bases remaining. The last transcripts were made during Jan Speers' visit in 1983, W. Britnell's recording of 1977 and from a listing done by the Burlington Historical Society. The following tidbits of information were discovered while attempting to find out some history. They are not proven at this time.
DeForest school house also held church services.
St. John's Nassagaweya Anglican minister mentioned that this cemetery may have been used by early Anglicans. Others thought it was Methodist or just one started by necessity by the family with others from area buried there.
Elizabeth DeForest received land from the Crown. Sales of this property always show 'excepting a small piece', which is probably the cemetery.
The 1877 Historical Atlas shows this property owned by John DeForest but no cemetery is shown. However, a church and cemetery are shown on the west side of this same lot (at Guelph Line) which at that time was owned by John Turnbull.