Constructed in 1930, this arch, truss and beam steel bridge was moved to this location from another location in 1946. The center concrete platform doesn't even support the bridge. Several other bridges have spanned the grand river at this crossing dating back as early as 1845. The structure is also part of the Grand Valley Trail, which travels along the west end of the Grand River and crosses the bridge.
In 1994, the bridge was deemed unsafe and closed to both vehicles and pedestrians due to its deteriorating deck and rusting steel supports. This resulted in an eight year closure of the bridge between 1994 and 2002. The bridge underwent repairs and reopened to the public with posted weight limits and height barriers. It closed again permanently in 2013.