Chalmers Presbyterian Church was built in 1870. Chalmers held it's first service on November 22nd, 1870 and it's last service in December of 2011 after the congregation diminished down to only 11 people, plus Rev. Mary Whitson who had only been Reverend at Chalmers for three years. During those three years the church held one wedding and three baptisms. It was placed on the "of interest" list in regards to it's historical value. The government had tried for many years to get the designation, but the congregation fought against it in order to maintain control of the building. Now that it has been closed for several years and has been on the market several times, the community has been urging the government to do whatever they can in order to save it. It is now on the Woolwich Township Municipal Heritage Register, but still only listed as "Heritage Potential".
Links below for more information.